Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Odd Girl Out
I love these kind of drama stories. It reminds me of the novel Speak by Laurie Anderson, but in this case, the victim isn't despised by the entire school. Cassie is the victim in this story, who is abandoned by Becca, her first grade best friend, due to the fact that Kelly came between the two. I could understand the relationship if they were friends since first grade. I moved from elementary school to elementary school, so I never had a true elementary buddy. In middle school, I had five great best friends, three were in eighth grade with me, and two were in seventh grade. Last year, I ended up with only two of the eighth grade girls that stayed as my true middle school buddies and are now my high school buddies. The other one transferred to another school, so she's gone, and that sucks. As for the two seventh graders, however, one started to regain our friendship with me through talking, while the other went her own way. As you can see, losing best friends wasn't that big of a deal for me. Maybe it's because I didn't have them as friends during my first grade year, but middle school was as far as we went. I believe Cassie is more emotional than me. I only cried once and that was in my room, but I fortunately I have two new best friends. I think Cassie needs to find more best friends too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nice comparison between you and Cassie. Like I have mentioned before, I have had the same experience as Cassie where two friends stopped hanging out with me. But what about the story made you like it? Because I don't feel its really all that dramatic. But I will agree, it is good because the problem is so universal.
Post a Comment