Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Brittani Blog #3: Odd Girl Out
Ok... so i think that everyone can relate to this essay. Even though we may not like to admit it, we all want to be apart of a group. I can really relate to Cassie because some times we feel like we're not good enough. I can remember in elementary and middle school wanting to be apart of what my "friends" were talking about and feeling like i didn't fit in and that they were talking about me. But when i started high school i realized that it really doesn't matter what other people think of you and what they may say. I'm not sure of this essay is really an example of a subculture, but maybe in a way it is. I guess that since she feels alone and that she doesn't belong to a group that she by herself is her own subculture. I really don't know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes i agree with you when you say that everyone can relate to this essay everyone is in there own subgroup maybe without even knowing it. I think this essay had a subculture in it, i think that it was the sixth grade girls. And i can agree with you in saying that you've had something like this happen to you. I remember in middle school it was hard to try to fit in with a certain type of group that you want to be in.
Post a Comment