Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Harriet Blog #3

I thought the essay, "Odd Girl Out," was pretty interesting. It reminded me of my days in middle school, because girls really were like that. I thought the author did a good job of using the little girl's story, because I was able to tell how she felt and what was going on. However, I thought she made the whole relational aggression thing a bigger deal than it actually is. In my opinion, it is something just about every girl and sometimes boys go through, when they are trying to figure out their place and where they fit in. For the most part, I think it is just a phase and you eventually (hopefully) grow out of it. I think most people realize that being so mean and catty is not worth all the drama and effort. I also think the author should have given some of her own opinion and some solutions to all the relational aggresion, and also made the little girl feel better, instead of hammering her with questions.

1 comment:

Kensey said...

I know exactly what you mean about girls being like that in middle school. Although I disagree with the fact that people grow out of it, I see it at our age and even older. There is relational aggression in the workplace. For example the positive body language towards one co-worker and not another. I feel like relational aggression will always be around there is drama everywhere, it just is a matter of how you handle it.