Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Erika Blog #4
After reading the three essays i thought that the first essay "Clothing Optional," was a lot better than the others. I guess that it interested me more than the others did, I could relate to this because i wear jeans, i really don't know why but i enjoyed reading this one. I thought it was cool how the author tells why there are bad reasons to wear jeans. Some things that i would have never thought about. Just the cotton itself. The essay to tell the truth taught me some stuff about jeans that i didn't know. I liked how the author used their cites well to make sense. but some of the things in the story didn't make sense to me because when i think about the word argument i think about negativity and two sided. In this essay i see that the author is doing more of the talking and i didn't see another side i thought it was more of what the author thought versus what others thought. This essay also didn't seem to agrue it seemed more persuasive than it does to agrue. I'm confused now on how to write this essay. I just need more help in understanding if we're agruing or persuading the reader or are we combining the two?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
well erika i do agree with you about the fact that clothing optional is the best agruement essay out of all the ones we have read. I think that i will have a lot of trouble writing about my topic. Not that it isn't easy to find info but to actually write the paper.
Post a Comment