Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Logan Brock Blog #3-"My Freshman Year: Worldliness and Worldview

Wow, I am simply in amazement after reading this article! Talk about getting bashed. Yet, people always want to talk about how AMERICA needs to worry bout itself. Maybe the students whose comments are in this essay should abide by their own words. They want to claim how ignorant we are of other cultures and how we Americans think the USA is the greatest place to live. Well reality check foreigners, this is the best place to live. If you think other wise then start telling people from your countries to quit immigrating over here and living the good life! And so what if we are some what uninformed about your countries. Why should we give a damn? We don't reside there so really we have nothing to worry about there. The French appear to be the real asses in this essay. To start with they throw out the stats about Americans not being able to "point out Iraq", when all that really matters is if we take care of business over there just as we are. Then they deem it necessary to throw in how all American teachers care about is American success. "I mean they taught how, in WWII, America saved France and saved the world, how they were so great." Well I guess we should have just let all those in need suffer! Without out us your country of France could have well been wiped of the face of the earth. Sure our country is not perfect by any means, but before you go spouting off all these IGNORANT statements just remember who the dominant force in this world is. USA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with your message. This is not just on the United States, the world teaches itself mostly. You don't really have commentary on the writer's style, voice, etc. but I didn't for a while either. I'm sure that you would agree with me that the writer clearly conveys her message, even if you disagree with it.