Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Rhabyn Blog#4 I Am Not A Savage

This story was very good. It became very deep when Rosa, the Lemhi Indian, stood up against what she might had considered a racist or completely misunderstood audience of Caucasians, and dared to say that she was not a savage with bitter tears. Back in the day, Native Americans were called savages, but I don't know why. Anyway, she explained that her people were peaceful and that they didn't approve of being called savages. A rancher named Bud also stood up, angry commenting on the government's taunts, such as "lazy Indians", with fists in the air. The noted that after these two people completed their speeches, she felt ashamed of being apart of the community who's ignorance had completely pierced the heart of a specific race that had almost perished during the 1800s through early 1900s. I'd feel upset too if my race was known as a savage by another race, and that exact race had put mine in jeopardy for more than a century. I think I would have left the city of Salmon and move to another state if I had been Rosa. Bud seems very hard-headed in this story, so I don't think he'd move anywhere. I wish the story had more detail about him and his fury.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would also feel upset as well, but as far as the organization of essay goes; it was very easy to read. I felt it was the one that was better organized out of the three essays and really allowed me to see a great example of an argument essay. what did you think of its organiztion?