I really enjoyed the intro of this essay. The show details in the first two paragraphs grabbed my attention. I thought the "blink-and-you-miss-it" phrase was creative and I also really enjoyed the "song on the radio" detail. I thought it was an imaginative way of saying that it was a small town. I know that I could definitely relate to the relational aggression. Especially in middle school it was so important to fit in, that people would do anything. I think that so many relationships were so shallow it didn't matter how often you changed friends. I disagree with what the author said about it mostly being about girls. I feel that men have the same problem. It just isn't as over dramatized.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I also think that those phrases are interesting little tools to use in this essay rather than "this town is small." I also agree with you that this aggression is not just limited to girls from experiences I've had with my own friends.
I really liked the intro too, especially how she said it was big enough for a wal-mart, but small enough to only have a few traffic lights. And I agree, people would do anything to fit in in middle school, because they thought their image was so important, but everyone is just looking out for themselves. Thank goodness those three-way calling days are over! Ha!
Post a Comment