Wednesday, June 25, 2008
"Clothing Optional"
I really enjoyed the intro of the essay. The humor behind the sentence "While you are not allowed to roam freely in your birthday suit," made me want to continue reading the essay. I feel like the humor introduced before a serious topic makes it easier for the audience to follow and enjoy the essay. I also thought that the opening sentence of the second paragraph stating facts draws more attention to the idea behind the essay. Stating statistics is a great way to get your point across and portray the seriousness of the subject. I learned a lot throughout the essay which is the most important part of writing an essay of this nature your job as an author is to teach the reader the facts in an artistic and enjoyable read. I had no idea that hemp and marijuana was different, and that hemp didn't contain THC the part of marijuana that makes you "high." I thought the entire essay was very compelling and the facts stated throughout made it an interesting read. I would have liked to see a little more of the author's voice and less straight up facts to add a little more interest to the essay but all in all I really enjoyed this essay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think something humorous, or an interesting fact at the beginning of an essay is a great way to grab the reader's attention and make them want to continue reading. Statistics and proof behind the author's argument are also really good ways to hold the reader's attention.
I agree with you on the fact that something humorous at the beginning of the essay can urge the reader into following along with the essay, facts are another good way to keep an essay interesting.
Post a Comment