When I first started reading this story, it didn't really catch my attention. The author tried to make the Ridgewood seem like it was "all that", when in reality, we know that it was close to a ghost town. It seems as if nothing were there. Back to the topic, I have a similar situation, and it was actually part of my freewrite today in class. The part where the author said, "They started to get really close and they just forgot me," (376). This is completely true in my situation because my two "friends" and me started off getting to know each other and had great times hanging out with each other. Then, I'm guessing, they began to find more things in common between themselves and began to exclude me. Just like the author, I began to ask myself why were they doing this? I was nice to them and did nothing for them to have treated me like they did. But I am over it now and ignore them now.
One thing that I didn't like about this little excerpt was that it went off on a tangent. It left me wanting to know what happened to Cassie, but instead it went into detail about how children are capable of seeing meaningful relationships. Although I found some of the thoughts interesting, such as the one stating that boys tend to act in physical aggression and girls, relational aggression; Its all pretty fascinating. The only problem was that it didn't let us know how Cassie turned out and a solution to her problem. I wouldn't argue any of the views in this story because they all seem entirely true. Boys tend to show aggression through fighting and girls, although they do fight sometimes, they tend to gang up on each other in groups with friends. Its surprising that I haven't actually noticed and acknowledged that observation before.
But I did like the story because I could put myself in Cassie's shoes and re-experience the same thing.
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Luis,
I totally agree with you about Cassie, there was no resolve. i mean, maybe the author meant for it to be that way but if she had gone on to say how she was doing after the talk then it could have been an easier trasition to relational aggression. I think we see this eye to eye...ha
Post a Comment