Tuesday, June 10, 2008
LBrock Blog #2 "Courting Confusion"
In the article, "Courting Confusion", I feel that the author is trying to make an argument on something that is based purely on opinion. As the author states in paragraph five, "There are few chances to explore deeper relationships in a safe and measured way, and with a sense of shared and legitimate expectations", this seems to be based only on what he sees rather than on hard evidence. I for one have seen several of my friends, as well as many random people, engage in "long-term", deeper, more fulling relationships at the collegiate level. Another thing I'm having trouble grasping is how the Kasses feel that a "compass" is needed to get people to the altar. Regardless that today we are living in a flawed sense of dedication and committment when it comes to marriage, I feel that things simply happen for a reason, and if that means that people accidently end up at the altar together and become wed then so be it. I think that the text has much good to say such as its referrals to hook-ups, but it should also look harder at the younger generations and the relationships they are engaging in before making comments such as the one stated above.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree that this essay is very opinionated without valid documentation to back up the claims. The compass that the Kasses are talking about is like a moral compass to guide young people in the right direction. What do you mean everything happens for a reason, what is the belief system behind it?
Post a Comment