I really enjoyed this essay. And I am not kidding. I think I'm going to buy that book. I felt like that the author really opened my eyes to issues that are happenining in most towns. Through her personal experience of having two speakers come to their school to talk about the issue and having read that inspiring book, you could tell that she knew what she was talking about.
I really related well to this essay too. It seems like the the author is the type of person that when she is introduced to something important like the Lemhi's history and well being, that she would want to do something to help. I am kinda the same way and if I was introduced with an issue like this, then I would want to learn more about it and see what I could do to make a difference. And this might sound corny, but I think that is what being an American is about. This essay made me want to help....it made me see where I was being ignorant.
The essay flowed really well too, every aspect of the argument essay was spaced out great. The introduction was neat because I would have had no idea that it would have led to talking about racism within a community. I was completely persuaded and I want people to feel like this about my essay.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with your statement about how well this essay flowed. It was the best of the three essays. I could totally see where she was coming from and I could actually feel her pride, sadness and pretty much all her feelings.
This essay's organization helped, I think, the reader understand the issue and its complexity.
Post a Comment