Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Erika Lujan Blog #2 "Courting Cinfusion"
I just finished reading the "Courting Confusion" and I didn't understand what she was talking about. The meaning of things have changed form generation to generation. I guess I misinterpret what she was saying. For example when she says "hooking up" in the article the meaning that i get from it is a sexually relationship. As a teenager I understand hooking up to be a desperate relationship, something that isn't going to last long. Another example would be when a teenager says we're going out now. An older generation would think at it as they are going somewhere together. What we mean about it is that we are dating now. I think that its just the way people interpret things, one might mean something and the other thinks at it as a different thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
erika don't worry i was confusing too. after reading it again i learned that he or she really didn't give a good explanation.
I agree with what you're saying. diferent people have different meanings for things. some may think of hooking up as actually having a relationship with some one and some may think that it's just having relations with that person. but there is no need for you to feel confused. it's basically an essay that states the author's opinion.
Post a Comment