Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Brittani Blog #2: "Courting Confusion"
OK. while reading this essay, at first, I really wasn't reading in depth, but as i made it to about the third paragraph, I started to get it to. I would to completely disagree with the statement that "hooking up" is making out or having sexual intercourse and not having any emotional attachment afterwards. For my generation and with the people that I am around on a daily basis, the phase "hooking up" is not just hooking up with someone from the opposite sex just one time, but actually having a relationship with that other person. Someone might say "i want to hook up with him" and they simply mean that they want them to be their boyfriend. So that was something that I disagreed with. The definition of "hooking up" in the essay was basically a one night stand in my vocabulary. Another thing that i didn't like was the fact that some of the women surveyed in the essay would "hook up" and then find themselves emotional attached to the person that they hooked up with. In my opinion, if you already know what a "hook up" consists of and you know that there is a possibility that you may become attached, why would you do it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I do agree with you ms. manning! most relationships are not like that. some kids do want a casual relationship every now and then.
Wow Brittani. I do agree with what your saying. It also seems like that converation we were having in class about if we give our views or not. I like how you said "hoooking up" meant something else to you because I said the same thing. I'm guessing its a generation thing. Older generations would use "hooking up" as it was in the book. As for us teenagers we use the word "hooking up" like you said on your blog.
Post a Comment